Here’s your guide on how to change the color of your apps on iOS 14!
You always want to own anything when you purchase it, either by associating some intangible memories to it or by taking the simpler route and customizing it to your liking. Just like the colors you choose to your favorite pair of shoes, you want them to show your personality and uniqueness; the same is the case with your iPhone. Everything depends on your choices, from the device you choose, to the color it comes in.
So, instead of customizing your phone’s outward features, why not modify it from the inside? We will tell you exactly how to change the color of your apps on iOS 14 in this post, so you can customize your iPhone to suit your aesthetic.
How to Change Color Of Your Apps On iOS 14?
You may get a consistent look on your iOS device by creating custom-colored icons. On a single page, users can get all of the similar colored icons, or can have them arranged in rows and columns by color scheme. So, here’s how to change the color of your apps on iOS 14. Take a look at it quickly!
- Step 1: Download and open the Shortcuts app on your iOS 14 device, simply touch the ‘+’ icon, located in the upper right corner.
- Step 2: ‘Add action’ will appear; tap on it.
- Step 3: Look for the search box and write or type ‘Open App‘ into it.
- Step 4: Tap ‘Open App‘ at the bottom of the page.
- Step 5: Now, beside ‘Open’, touch ‘Choose‘.
- Step 6: Now you can simply change the color of an app by selecting the desired app in which you want to make a change. For example, we are choosing ‘Safari’.
Read More: How To Add A Photo Widget On iOS 14?
Instead of browsing, you can type in a search engine to look up the app’s name.
- Step 7: You will return to the New Shortcut page after selecting your desired app. The Details page will open when you tap the three dots.
- Step 8: On the Details tab, you can edit the shortcut’s name to whatever you would like. In order to make the app’s search easier, type the app’s true name. Fill in the Shortcut Name area if you wish to alter your name.
- Step 9: Label the shortcut on the top of the page. If you want your app to have a classic look, we recommend using the original name.
- Step 10: Next to the text field, tap the icon.
- Step 11: The app icon for your shortcut can now be customized. Begin by picking a color that you like.
- Step 12: You can now customize the color of your app icon and the image that will be used to represent the app on the new page that appears. Change the color of the desired app on iOS 14 by just tapping on the Color option.
- Step 13: Choose a color for the shortcut.
- Step 14: Choose a Glyph for the app’s icon next. Remember that leaving your Glyph blank will prevent you from receiving your personalized app icon. After selecting the Glyph you want for the app icon, click Done.
- Step 15: To replace the actual app icon, you will need to add this shortcut to your home screen. To do so, go to the add to phone screen and choose add.
- Step 16: Reboot your iPhone after that.
Go to your home screen and look for the app with the appropriate color logo. The only drawback to this solution is that it launches the Shortcuts app first, followed by the program tied to your custom icon.
How to create Colored Widgets?
In contrast to your customized colored icons, you can add colored widgets of the same hue to your main screen for a more unified appearance. ‘Color Widgets’, a third-party app, can let you do this. Let us look at how you may modify your home screen with Color Widgets.
On your iOS device, Install, open and run the Color Widgets app. You will be sent to your home screen, and here you can see all of the current widgets that are accessible. Choose the one you wish to use by scrolling up to it and tapping it.
- Step 1: Select ‘Edit Widget’.
- Step 2: You will see a preview of your widget in all sizes at the front. Scroll down to the ‘Theme’ area and choose the color for the widget. The theme will determine the text color in your widget.
- Step 3: You can now choose your typeface by descending even more. To choose a typeface for your widget, tap on it.
- Step 4:Finally, beneath the ‘Background Photo’ box, tap on ‘Add Photo‘. If you haven’t done this before, this is a great chance to do so.
- Step 5: Color Widgets will now load the iOS Photos app, allowing you to choose the colored background you want to use. Select it with a tap.
- Step 6: Last but not least, select ‘Set Widget‘.
- Step 7: Return to your home screen and select the Edit mode option. This can be done by clicking and holding/forcing contact with an empty screen region, depending on your device. You may also enter the editing mode by pressing and holding an icon and selecting ‘Edit Home Screen‘.
- Step 9: Now, on your screen, look at the upper right corner, press the ‘+’ button. Look for the ‘Color Widgets’ option at the bottom of the page and tap on it. Now, scroll to the right and select the widget size that best meets your requirements. Once you have determined the appropriate size, tap ‘Add Widget’ at the bottom.
The custom colored widget, which should match the color of your custom app icons, will now be immediately put on your home screen.
Read More: How To Split The Screen In iOS 14?
On iOS 14, how can you make a colorful home screen?
Now that you learned how to generate colored app icons and widgets in iOS 14, you can combine the two to create a unified-looking colored home screen. Simply make changes to your favorite app icons and save the originals to your App collection. The arrangement will then be color coordinated.
On iOS 14, how do you use custom photos as app icons?
You may customize your home screen even further by utilizing photographs for app icons instead of a solid colored background, as seen in the above guide. You can utilize brightly colored backdrops to help them complement your app icons while preserving the background image rather than a solid hue.
In iOS 14, how can you add widgets to your home screen?
Long On the screen or in an app, press anywhere. Jiggle mode should now be enabled on your apps. Look at the upper right side of your screen, you will see a little ‘+’ icon. Click on it. The list of widgets should now show. You can select a widget from the list and drag it to any location on your screen.
Apple is taking steps to let you customize your device, although at a very gradual rate, though we have covered how to change the color of your apps on iOS 14. It may take many more years and numerous significant updates to make app and look customization as simple as Android. Click here for more such interesting guides!