This is your guide on how to delete your Google Account from your Phone!
A Google account is one of the most important things for smartphone users these days, especially if you’re an Android user. Having a Google account is important if you want to get all the features and potentials of your Android phone. For example, you need a Google account to view your saved contacts, install or upgrade apps from the Play Store, or view your Gmail emails. Without it, your Android smartphone may function very differently.
Although this is not the case with iPhone users as they run on iOS, having a Google account adds and unlocks many features at the top of what iOS provides. So, it’s quite common to see the majority of people having a Google account on their phones these days.
However, there are times when you need to sell your phone, give it away to someone else, or even just give a fresh start to your phone by restoring it to its original condition. Considering the amount of information it contains, this is when you need to delete your Google account from your phone.
So, how can you do that? Let’s find out!
How To Delete A Google Account On Your Android Phone With A Password?
Any Android smartphone has an easy method for deleting a Gmail account. It is crucial to remember that if you cancel the Google account you used to log in, all of your information will be erased from the Android smartphone. Given that, the following is a step-by-step tutorial for deleting your Google account from your Android smartphone:
- Step 1: Navigate to the ‘Accounts’ section of Settings after opening it.
- Step 2: Tap on the Google account you wish to delete after conducting a search for it.
- Step 3: You will have the choice to ‘delete the account.’
- Step 4: You must enter the pattern, PIN, or password for your phone if this is the only Google Account it has. It can be deleted from your Android smartphone by tapping on it.
Read More: How to Use Google Assistant on iPhone?
How To Delete A Google Account On iPhone?
Now you’ve learned how to delete your Google account from an Android phone (which is fairly easy), it’s time to go through the steps if you’re an iOS user. How you access your account will determine the steps needed to erase it from an iOS device (via the Gmail app, Safari app, or Mail app, for instance). Here’s how to delete your Google account if you’re using the Gmail app:
- Step 1: Start the Gmail app.
- Step 2: Pick ‘Manage Accounts’ and then ‘Edit’ from the list (three stacked lines).
- Step 3: Selecting ‘Remove’ just beside the account you really like to delete requires confirmation.
- Step 4: On the top left, click ‘Done’.
Here’s how to delete your Google account on your iOS device if you use the Safari app to access it:
- Step 1: Open the Safari app.
- Step 2: Go to google.com.
- Step 3: If you have not already, tap ‘Sign out’ after tapping your profile symbol in the top right corner.
- Step 4: Click Sign in, and after that, click ‘Sign in with a different account.
- Step 5: Tap ‘Remove,’ choose the account from the device you want to delete, and then tap ‘Done.’
Here’s how to delete your Google account if you linked it to your phone’s settings to be used with the Mail app on iPhones:
- Step 1: Launch the Settings app.
- Step 2: Navigate to Mail > Accounts section on the screen.
- Step 3: A list of all the accounts you have added to your device will appear, both Google and non-Google accounts included. If you wish to delete one, tap it.
- Step 4: You will then be sent to a page where different options are available. At the bottom of the screen, select ‘Delete account’, and then select ‘Delete from My iPhone’ from the pop-up warning.
- Step 5: Additionally, you should be aware that if you decide to delete all of your Google accounts from your iOS device, you will be signed out of all of your Google accounts on that device.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Avoid Google Verification Following A Factory Reset?
Your phone’s data will remain after a factory reset. It makes no adjustments to the settings or passwords. You must sign in on your phone using a separate Google account and avoid Google verification.
Does Factory Reset Delete My Google Account?
All the data on your smartphone, including your Google account, is deleted during a factory reset.
How Do I Delete My Google Mail Account From My Computer?
Go to the Account area of the email client when using ‘Thunderbird’ or Apple Mail to access Gmail, choose your Gmail account, and remove it. Select your profile icon, then click ‘Settings’ under Other Profiles to remove a Gmail account from Chrome on a computer. On a profile, click ‘Delete’ after selecting Menu.
This is all about how to delete Google Account on your phone?Whether you are using an iPhone or an Android phone, it usually only takes a few taps to delete a Google account. To delete your Google account, simply access the user account settings in the settings app on your phone. We hope you found this guide helpful.