Do you want to know how to downgrade from iOS 14? iOS, the iPhone’s main operating system, is frequently adding updates to fix errors or issues and new features and boost device performance. The iOS updates can create problems with your device. If your iPhone is running an older version of iOS 14, you may be facing lower battery issues, Wi-Fi problems, high storage usage, etc. You will need to downgrade iOS 14 to 13 to fix this problem without losing crucial files and data.
This article will discuss three methods for how to downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13 without a computer. Read how to downgrade from iOS 14 back to the previous version. To complete this process, read the instructions carefully mentioned below. Let’s get started.
How To Downgrade From iOS 14?
Downgrading is not always the most convenient choice. When users have concerns with their current iOS version or wish to jailbreak their iPhone, but the latest iOS version does not support it, they consider downgrading as an option.
Keep in mind that this activity is subject to certain conditions, the most crucial of which is that Apple continues to authenticate earlier iOS versions digitally. Downgrading to that version would be nearly hard if Apple stopped using digital signatures. The steps for how to downgrade from iOS 14 are as follows:
Read More: How To Downgrade From iOS 16 To iOS 15?
How To Downgrade iOS 14 to iOS 13 Without a Computer?
We know what questions cross your mind at this point. You might be thinking about how to downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13 without a computer. If you don’t have a computer, downgrading from iOS 14 to iOS 13 is impossible. You must have a computer if you want to downgrade from iOS 14 to the previous version. Do not believe anyone or anything that claims to be able to help you downgrade from iOS 14 without a computer.
It is critical that Apple signs the version that will be lowered. IPSW should be available for iOS 13. The IPSW must also be compatible with the iPhone device.
Before doing this step, users should make a backup of their data because it increases the risk of data loss. Start a backup of your device for the current version before starting the process of downgrading. Otherwise, you will lose all of your data. So, If you are downgrading from iOS 14 to the previous iOS version, then you must have a backup of your device data if you want it in the iOS 13 version after the completion of the process.
To complete the downgrade, the computer they are using should have the most recent version of iTunes installed. The user should have access to a stable and high-speed internet connection.
Prepare Your iPhone for Backup
There is one more step before we look at how to downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13. Remember to save a copy of your device. Your iPhone will be erased, and all of your stored contacts, messages, images, and other data.
But, the security settings in your Apple device will not let you restore data backup saved on an iOS 14 version to an iOS 13 version. That is to say, while you can use iTunes/iCloud to backup an iPhone running iOS 14, the backup cannot be restored to an iPhone running iOS 13. You can quickly restore your data if you back up your smartphone before updating to iOS 14.
Alternatively, you can use the third-party app – an iOS backup app to secure your data if you do not have a prior backup. With ‘AOMEI Mbackupper’ or ‘Wootechy Master’, you can back up your device.
How to Downgrade From iOS 14 with a Computer/iTunes?
Reverting from iOS 14 to 13 necessitates the use of a computer, as previously stated. It will help you connect your iPhone to iTunes and back up your files, among other things.
How to downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13 with iTunes?
With iTunes, you can go from iOS 14 to iOS 13.
- Step 1: If you have a PC, you can use it with either Windows or Mac.
- Step 2: Use a data cord to sync your phone with your computer. If prompted, tap ‘Trust The Computer’ and set your phone to the side.
- Step 3: To get the newest version of the iOS 13 IPSW to restore (firmware) files, go to the IPSW website on your PC.
- Step 4: Through iTunes, you may recover your iPhone info on your PC. Using your Mac or PC, launch iTunes.
- Step 5: Select the Phone icon in iTunes’ upper bar. This will open a display with data about your mobile device.
- Step 6: Click ‘Restore iPhone’ in the top-right corner and select ‘Do not Encrypt’ from the drop-down menu. Your data is safe and secure (backed up) to your PC in this manner.
- Step 7: Wait for the backup to finish before turning off Find My iPhone. To disable Find My Phone, go to Settings, click on Your name, and tap ‘Find My iPhone’ on your iPhone device. Disable the green Find My iPhone switch to the right.
- Step 8: Double-check the backup by searching for Recent backup on iTunes’ mobile device.
- Step 9: Set your iPhone to iOS 13 mode (or the version you downloaded)
- Step 10: Set up your iPhone like a new one once it has recovered. Click on the option ‘Do not Transfer Apps & Data’ when you get to Apps & Data, then continue the rest of the installation.
How to downgrade from iOS 14 with Recovery Mode?
This approach is comparable to the first. So, to downgrade from iOS 14 to the previous version with recovery mode, follow the below-mentioned steps and get the appropriate iOS firmware file. Let’s start the process and follow the steps below:
- Step 1: On your Mac or PC, launch the most recent iTunes application.
- Step 2: Sync your Apple device to your PC via a data transfer cord.
- Step 3: To proceed, activate the recovery mode on your iPhone.
- Step 4: When your phone is in recovery mode, iTunes will prompt you to pick between Restore and Update. Select the option ‘Restore’.
- Step 5: Your iPhone will be formatted, and the new iOS firmware will be installed.
- Step 6: You will be directed to the setup page after the restoration is complete, in which you can set up your phone as if that were new.
Downgrading implies erasing all of your data and reinstalling an older operating system on your device. To avoid irreversible data loss, back up your iPhone device completely to iCloud before downgrading.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I downgrade from iOS 15 to iOS 14?
To proceed, back up your device. Then turn off ‘Find my iPhone’, change your device, clear up some space, and visit IPSW’s website. Select an iOS device model and then download the app. Finally, open iTunes and select ‘Restore iPhone’ from the drop-down menu.
Is it possible to downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 12?
No, you cannot downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 12 because once you upgrade your device to the latest iOS version, you will not be able to go back to the previous iOS version. Apple allows you to downgrade to the version that came before the current one. You certainly shouldn’t. To take advantage of bug fixes, security patches, and new features, always install the most recent version of the operating system for your device.
Why won’t Apple let you downgrade your iPhone?
As a security safeguard, Apple does not allow users to downgrade to previous versions of iOS. Downgrading exposes the phones to unauthorized access by leveraging vulnerabilities found in previous iOS versions.
Here’s everything you need to know about downgrading from iOS 14 to iOS 13 without losing your data. It is possible to downgrade to iOS 13, but you must act quickly before Apple stops signing IPSW files for iOS 13. Remember to back up your files and data to avoid losing essential information. Keep visiting Tradelia for more such guides!