Here is how to downgrade from iOS 16 to iOS 15!
You can use this tutorial to learn how to downgrade from iOS 16 to iOS 15 on your iPhone. The most talked-about subjects in the iOS community now, without a doubt, center mainly around the just-launched iOS 16. Numerous iOS users wish to get iOS 16. It probably has multiple flaws and faults, though, which irritate users.
As a result, you might want to go from iOS 16 to iOS 15. The good news is that your decision to return to iOS 15 is not problematic. This is because some techniques can help you learn how to downgrade from iOS 16 to iOS 15 smoothly without too much hassle. Here is how to downgrade from iOS 16 to iOS 15.
But before you downgrade from iOS 16 to iOS 15, you must back up your data.
Backup Your Device
You will lose the data on your iPhone if you attempt to downgrade from iOS 16 to an earlier iOS version. Therefore, backing up the data on the device is the first thing you must do. After downgrading the iOS, you can quickly recover the data using this. You can use iTunes to back up the data on your iPhone. The steps are as follows:
- Step 1: Select ‘Settings’ on your iPhone, then tap the profile name. Make sure ‘Find My’ is disabled by looking for it on the page. Before the process is finished, you will be asked to input your Apple ID and passcode.
- Step 2: Connecting your iPhone to a computer requires a USB cable. The ‘Trust This Computer’ option will pop up. After entering your passcode, click ‘Trust’.
- Step 3: Launch the iTunes program on your computer after that, and go to the ‘Summary’ section of iTunes.
- Step 4: In the Backup area, select ‘This Computer’ as the preferred place for the backup to be created. On your PC, this will produce a local backup.
Downgrade From iOS 16 To iOS 15 Using Mac
You will discover how to downgrade iOS 16 to iOS 15 without losing data after backing up your data. We will demonstrate several tried-and-true techniques for you right here. It should be mentioned that a computer is required to downgrade iOS 16 to 15.
- Step 1: On your Mac, open ‘Finder’.
- Step 2: Use a Lightning cable to link your iPhone or iPad to your Mac.
- Step 3: Turn on recovery mode for your smartphone.
- Step 4: While holding the Option key, click ‘Restore iPhone’ on your Mac. For window users, the shift button should be held down while clicking ‘Restore iPhone’.
- Step 5: You should now be able to choose the iOS IPSW file you previously downloaded for your iPhone. To open, click.
- Step 6: A pop-up window requesting confirmation ought to display. If you have macOS Big Sur or a later version, you can see a Restore and Update option that will instantly download the most recent iOS software update. Unplug the iPhone and plug it back in to stop this. Currently, you should see the Restore button.
- Step 7: The downgrading procedure should start and take some time to complete.
- Step 8: Once finished, you can retrieve all of your data by restoring it from a backup.
Read More: How to downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13 Without a Computer?
Steps For Restoring Backups After Downgrading to iOS 15.7
Once iOS 16 has been fully rolled back, you must restore the backup. The steps are as follows:
- Step 1: Notably, iOS 16’s backup does not work with iOS 15. Therefore, it would be ideal if you made some changes. Hold down the ‘Win’ and ‘R’ computer keys. Enter “%appdata%” (or “%userprofile%”) in the command box after that, and then click ‘Ok’.
- Step 2: Next, select ‘MobileSync’.
- Step 3: Find the information list by scrolling down. Press the ‘Control’ and ‘F’ keys on the keyboard to open Notepad. Then you have to input ‘product’ and hit ‘Ok’.
- Step 4: Search for 16.0. You must now alter 16.0 to 15.0. Continue the process by saving it.
Your iPhone will finally restart itself. You can configure your device as a new device after it has rebooted.
Why Do We Downgrade To Older Versions?
It is uncommon for people to downgrade their iPhones. You might already be aware of your specific justifications if you want to downgrade your iPhone to an earlier version of iOS than what is currently installed.
People may want to revert to an earlier stable non-beta version of iOS instead of using one now in beta. Sometimes, the most recent iOS version may not be compatible with a specific app or service, so you may want to revert to an older version.
As long as Apple keeps signing the outdated version of iOS, you can only downgrade. A few days after a new version of iOS is released, it usually stops accepting older versions of iOS.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to find the model name of your iPhone device?
You may find the model name in Settings -> General -> About if you are unsure what iPhone model you have. By heading to Settings -> Software Update on your mobile device, you can also determine which version of iOS is installed. Your iPhone will alert you here if an update is available.
Which devices are supported by iOS 16?
Many iPhones that can run iOS 15 are compatible with Apple’s recently released iOS 16 operating system. However, it does not support some older models, such as the iPhone SE, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch, iPhone 7, and iPhone 7 Plus.
How to downgrade from iOS 16 to iOS 15 without a computer?
To downgrade from iOS 16 to iOS 15 on your iPhone or iPad, launch the ‘Settings’ app. Click ‘General’. Select ‘VPN & Device Management’ by swiping down. Select the iOS 16 Beta Software Profile from the ‘Configuration Profile’ menu. On your device, click ‘Remove Profile’.
Now that you have read this article, you know how to downgrade from iOS 16 to iOS 15 on your device. The most appealing option to return to iOS 15 is through downgrading via iTunes. Before upgrading from iOS 16 to an earlier version, remember to back up your iPhone’s data. Keep visiting Tradelia for more such guides!