iOS 14 has been released, but not all iPhone models are compatible. How to get iOS 14 on iPhone 6 Plus? To keep your Apple iPhone 6 secure and running efficiently, you will need to upgrade the software or system.
A software update installs the most recent security updates and bug fixes for your Apple iPhone device. Additionally, thanks to optimizations, the Apple Software versions perform better than earlier versions.
Can iPhone 6 get iOS 14?
The most noticeable update in iOS 14 is a new home screen featuring widget support for the first time and a group of multiple new features. Many people are now wondering if the iPhone 6 will be able to run iOS 14 on it.
The iPhone 6s is the earliest iPhone to receive this update. As a result, users of the iPhone 6 will be unable to upgrade to iOS 14. The only way to get it was to upgrade to a newer iPhone model.
But, like always, we show you new tips and tricks, and this time we will show you how to install iOS 14 on devices like the iPhone 6, which will not receive an update to iOS 14 in the near future. However, iOS 14 can be installed on an iPhone 6. Let’s dive into the details.
Prepare your iPhone 6 for the iOS 14 update
Check out our tutorial on how to prepare your iPhone 6 for the iOS 14 update before updating it.
Device backup for iPhone 6
Before updating your iOS software, make a backup of your device. If you choose to process your backup using iTunes or Catalina’s Finder, secure information such as passwords and other sensitive data will be backed up as well. You can use iTunes or iCloud to back up your iPhone 6 device.
Because this is an important iOS software upgrade, we strongly advise you to back up your data to iTunes so you can restore it to iOS 13 if something goes wrong.
Read More: How to downgrade from iOS 16 to iOS 15
How To Get iOS 14 On iPhone 6 Plus?
In order to install iOS 14 on iPhone 6 Plus, you will need an Apple Developer account.
- Step 1: To begin, go to Developer.apple.com using Safari on your iPhone.
- Step 2: Then, tap the ‘Download New Betas’ link and enter your username and password to log in to your account.
- Step 3: Select ‘Install Profile’ from the iOS 14 beta area.
- Step 4: To start the download, select ‘Allow’ and then ‘Close’.
- Step 5: Go to the ‘Profile Downloaded’ section of the Settings app. Then, on the Install screen, enter your passcode. Tap ‘Install’ in the top right corner, then Install again at the bottom. Restart your Device.
- Step 6: Open the Settings app—Select General Software Update from the list of options.
- Step 7: Here, you will find the iOS 14 version. ‘Download’ and ‘install’ are the options. Enter the security code from your phone.
- Step 8: The setup procedure will now begin.
- Step 9: You must press ‘Continue’ and then input your Passcode after your device has rebooted. Finally, give the iCloud settings some time to update before pressing the ‘Get Started’ button.
How To Get iOS 14 On iPhone 6 Plus via OTA?
Connect your iPhone 6 to a power source before beginning the download so the battery does not drain. Depending on how Apple’s servers handle the traffic and your internet connection, the update could take between a few minutes to an hour to download and install.
You should also connect your iPhone to a local Wi-Fi network to avoid being billed for downloading the update over your cellular connection. So, before you begin, make sure you have 3 to 4 hours of free time.
- Step 1: Open the Settings app and go to General > Software Update after your iPhone 6 is plugged in and connected through Wi-Fi. iOS will check for updates automatically and notify you when iOS 14 is ready.
- Step 2: You will see a screen with information on all of iOS 14’s new features and improvements. Install iOS 14 on your iPhone 6 by tapping ‘Download and Install’.
- Step 3: The update will continue to download, and your iPhone 6 will notify you when it is complete.
- Step 4: To install iOS 14 on your iPhone 6, return to Settings > General > Software Update and select ‘Install Now’.
Upgrade iPhone 6s and 6 plus to iOS 14 Using Computer
Suppose you do not receive the iOS 14 software update over the air (OTA) as described above. In that case, you can directly install it by downloading it from the official download links provided below and updating your iPhone 6 to iOS 14 using iTunes.
Open Finder on a Mac running macOS 10.15. Open iTunes on your Mac or PC running macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier. Please make sure you are using the most recent version of iTunes if you are using it.
- Step 1: Make a USB connection between your iPhone 6 and your PC. Allow iTunes to connect to your device and open.
- Step 2: Click the device button in the top upper right of iTunes, which is to the left of the iTunes Store button. Check your iPhone 6’s Locations in Finder if you are using it.
- Step 3: Click the ‘Check for Update’ button. The iOS 14 update will be downloaded and installed automatically if available for the iPhone 6.
- Step 4: Select the ‘Download and Update’ option from the drop-down menu.
- Step 5: Below is the ISPW file for iOS 14 for your iPhone 6:
iOS 14.0 (iPhone 6s): iPhone_4.7_14.0_18A373_Restore.ipsw
- Step 6: Select ‘Update’ from the drop-down menu.
- Step 7: Following that, you will see the iOS 14 release notes. Next should be selected. Then, on your iPhone 6, select the ‘Agree’ button to accept the terms and conditions.
- Step 8: iTunes is now downloading the iPhone 6 firmware. Install the software update on your iPhone 6.
- Step 9: Wait until the update is finished before disconnecting your iPhone 6. After it is successfully updated, you will get the Hello screen.
- To begin using the iPhone 6, which has been upgraded to iOS 14, follow the on-screen instructions. Check out all of the new features in iOS 14 on our site after you have updated your iPhone 6.
Why is my iPhone 6 Plus not receiving iOS 14 updates?
It is possible that your iPhone will not update to iOS 14 because there is not enough free RAM on it. You must also ensure that your iPhone is Wi-Fi enabled and has sufficient battery life. It is possible that you may have to restart your iPhone and try again to update.
What is the best way to start updating my iPhone?
Go to ‘Software Update’ in Settings > General. Then switch on ‘Download iOS Updates’ under ‘Automatic Updates’. Install iOS Updates should now be turned on. The latest version of iOS or iPadOS will be installed immediately on your device.
What will happen if you do not update to iOS 14 on your iPhone?
Data loss is one of the dangers. Remember that this is complete data loss. If something goes wrong with iOS 14 and you downgrade to iOS 13.7, you will lose all of your data. There is no going back after Apple stops signing iOS 13.7.
You will obtain the iOS 14 beta 5 loaded on your iPhone 6 or 6S Plus once you have finished these steps. We hope you installed the iOS 14 on your iPhone after carefully following the directions. Check your internet connection or space if you run into any problems during this process. Click Here for more such guides and updates!