Apple has released significant improvements to the home screen for years. There are a number of new features, but the new Widgets system is likely the most significant update. For a long time now, Widgets have been available for iPhone users on the Today View, but only a few people utilize it.
Unlike the previous versions, now you can place Widgets anywhere on the home screen, which are more dynamic and have more information than the previous ones. You should learn how to install, delete, and customize iOS 14 Widgets. This is how you use iOS 14 widgets.
How to Add iOS 14 Widgets to iPhone
The Edit Home Screen button on your iPhone allows you to add widgets simply. Follow the steps below to add iOS 14 Widgets to your iPhone home screen.
- Head to the Home screen after unlocking your iPhone.
- Press and hold any app on your home screen or anywhere on your iPhone screen to activate the Edit Home Screen mode.
- Next, press the Plus button available in the upper right corner of the screen.
- The Widget menu or panel is opened from the bottom using this action. The search Bar is available at the top of the page. The bottom scrolling menu will also display widgets with the names of supported applications.
- Choose any widget or app name you would like to add to your iPhone’s home screen.
- The system will show you a view of the widget and an explanation, then prompt you to select a size from the options. You can choose from three different widget sizes: Medium, Small, and Large. Medium widgets have a height of two icons but a width of four icons. Small widgets are similar to app icons that are two by two blocks. Widgets with four icons wide and four icons in height are referred to as large widgets.
- Here use the Add Widget option at the bottom to add that widget to your iPhone’s home screen.
- You can put the widget on any section of your Home screen.
How to Add iOS 14 Widgets on iPad?
You can have a widget space on your Home screen in landscape mode and place your widgets in Today View. This is how you do it.
Read More: Here is Why is iOS 14 Not Showing Up On Your Device?
- To begin, tap the grey gear symbol to bring up “Settings.”
- “Home Screen & Dock” can be found in Setting-ups. Put a checkmark next to the “More” option in the “App Icons” section.
- Then, to turn it on, turn the toggle next to the option “Keep Today View On Home Screen.” You may now add widgets to your Home screen’s Today View.
- Now go back to your home screen and make sure landscape mode is selected. On the left side of the screen, you will see the Today View and app icons on the right.
You can only see the Today View widgets when your iPad home screen is in landscape mode. Today View will be hidden when you switch to portrait mode. (With a fast swipe to the right, you can still access Today View.)
What are Smart Stack Widgets on iOS 14?
This is not the end of iOS 14’s widget capabilities. The iPhone now features a feature called ‘Smart Stack.’ So, what are Smart Stack widgets, and how do they function in iOS 14? It is a small or medium-sized stack of widgets that rotates to show the most helpful Widget for you at the time, as determined by your iPhone.
It considers your typical app usage, the time of day, and your location and does so all locally on your iPhone, with no data transferred to Apple or anybody else. Just tap Smart Stack from the Widgets panel, as we mentioned above.
- You can cycle through its Widgets by swiping up and down on the stack after it is placed on your screen.
- You can rearrange or delete Widgets from the stack. The context menu will appear when you long-press the Smart Stack Widget. You have the option of removing the current Widget or editing the Stack.
- With the toggle up top on the stack edit screen, you may disable Smart Rotate. You can adjust the stack order by tapping and dragging the small grab bars on the right or swiping left to erase an item from the stack.
How To Create A Smart Stack Widget On iOS 14?
To do so, go through the instructions below.
- By dragging Widgets on top of one another, you may create your own Smart Stack.
- Widgets can be placed in any way you like. Drag two similar-sized Widgets on top of one another to make a new stack for yourself. It is the same as building an app icon folder.
- Your stack can be edited the same way as the Smart Stack can. Smart Rotate can be turned on or off, and Widgets can be reordered or removed as needed.
How to Customize Widgets on iOS 14?
As illustrated below, the procedure of customizing Widgets on iOS 14 is simple.
- To add the appropriate widgets, start by going to the Today View. To discover Today View on your iPhone, press and hold the empty home screen and swipe left from the right side of the screen. Then select the Edit option given at the bottom of the page.
- Make sure the widgets have the correct sizes before selecting them because you will not be able to alter them once they have been chosen.
- To utilize each widget, press the Plus button to its left. Tap the – utility to the left if a widget is not required.
- Now, touch and hold the three horizontal lines and drag them to the desired location to rearrange the widgets.
- To finish, click Done to finalize the process.
Read More: How To Add A Photo Widget On iOS 14?
Apple also allows its users to relocate their favorite or most used widgets from Today View to their iPhone’s home screen. Just long-press the widget you wish to add to your iPhone’s home screen from the Today View area. You may also design and personalize the Home Screen solely with widgets if you choose this option. Drag all of your favorites to a single home screen.
How To Remove Widgets On iOS 14?
You successfully installed iOS 14 on your device and know how to add the widgets on your home screen, but what if you want to delete some widgets? Do you know how you can remove widgets? Getting rid of widgets in iOS 14 is the same as getting rid of apps on your iPhone.
Another thing to note is that whenever you place a widget on your Home Screen, the operating system will automatically make a place for that widget by moving other icons about. The app icon placement goes back to the previous layout when you remove the new widget. If you do not wish to utilize a widget, immediately delete it by following the procedures below:
- Simply tap and hold the widget you wish to delete to enter Jiggle mode.
- You should choose Remove Widget from the list of alternatives that appears on the screen.
- Because the system needs to confirm this operation, you will get a pop-up asking if you wish to delete the widget. Remove ensures your action.
- If you realize you have chosen the incorrect widget, press the Cancel button. Once you have found a suitable widget, follow the steps above again.
Frequently Asked Questions
In iOS 14, how can you alter the widget size?
When you add a Widget to your iPhone with iOS 14, you will see a list of all Widgets available for you. You will be asked to choose the size after selecting the Widget. Tap on the “Add Widget” and simply choose the size of the Widget you want. This will resize the Widget to your preferred size.
How can I customize the home screen on my iPad?
By swiping right on the left-most home screen, you may bring up the Today View. Here, tap the “Edit” option available at the bottom of the screen.
How to add photo widgets on iPhone?
To access the widget menu, press and hold a blank area of the screen and hit the Plus icon. Tap Photos, then Add Widget, then choose the size you want.
One of the best and most enjoyable ways to customize your iPhone is to add widgets to the home screen. Read this guide carefully to learn about how to add iOS 14 widgets to your iPhone and iPad, as well as how to edit and uninstall them. Let us know which iOS 4 Widget is your favorite and which ones you think are unnecessary?