Here’s how to set a photo as your lock screen wallpaper in iOS 16. With the all new iOS 16 updates, you can now customize your iPhone’s Lock Screen with your photos. The improvements in the new version of the software are striking. You may now add widgets to your lock screen even with the public release of iOS 16.
Here’s how to set a photo as your lock screen wallpaper in iOS 16.
How To Set A Photo As Your Lock Screen Wallpaper In New iOS 16? Check the Steps!
- Step 1: Your iPhone must be unlocked using Touch ID or Face ID.
- Step 2: Long press your lock screen.
- Step 3: Next, tap the plus sign in blue ‘+’. This is located at the bottom of your screen. As an alternative, you can swipe all the way to the left on your screen and select ‘Add New’.
- Step 4: Navigate through the ‘Photos’ option’s top row. You can now choose any image to use from your photo bank.
- Step 5: Click ‘Done’ after choosing the photo you want to use.
- Step 6: To use the lock screen you just made, tap on it.
This is how you can proceed to set a photo as your lock screen wallpaper in iOS 16. On this selected wallpaper, you can also apply a depth effect.
How To Style Your Lock Screen Wallpaper With iOS 16?
Enable/Disable Depth Effect
- Step 1: On your iPhone, launch the Settings app.
- Step 2: The ‘Wallpaper & Lock Screen’ settings page will open when you scroll down and touch on the Wallpaper option.
- Step 3: Tap on the lock screen preview image on the ‘Wallpaper & Lock Screen’ settings tab to alter it.
- Step 4: Next, you will see a circle icon with three dots. On it, tap.
- Step 5: After tapping, a pop-up menu will display. You may pick one of the following options here:
- Enable Depth Effect: For the current lock screen wallpaper, select the ‘Depth Effect’ option to enable it. If the depth effect is not already turned on, this option will be displayed.
- Disable Depth Effect: To disable the same, use the ‘Depth Effect’ option. When your lock screen already has a depth effect wallpaper, this option will become available.
Blur Lock Screen Wallpaper Background
It is best suited for iPhone owners who prefer fuzzy wallpapers on their Lock Screen. The hazy background matches the App Library more than anything. To achieve the greatest results, just be sure to choose vivid and vibrant images. The main drawback is that there is no way to control how intense the blur effect is.
- Step 1: Go to Wallpaper under Settings.
- Step 2: Under the Home Screen window, select ‘Customize’.
- Step 3: Choosing ‘Custom Current Wallpaper’.
- Step 4: To blur your current home screen, tap on the ‘Blur’ button in the upper right corner. Right above, you can also see a preview of the change.
- Step 5: To apply, select ‘Done’.
iOS 16: How to Shuffle Between Photos on Your iPhone’s Lock Screen?
Long-press on the lock screen of your iPhone, then swipe to the right and select ‘Add New’ (or just customize your current wallpaper).
Suggested Photos are displayed as you scroll down. Not only can you choose one of them as a static wallpaper, but you can also use this section as a fast preview to see the kinds of photos that iOS 16 has chosen from your Photos library as wallpaper-worthy. You will have a few options to optimize things later if you do not like the highlighted pictures.
Photo Shuffle may be found just beneath Suggested Photos. Select it, decide which types of images iOS 16 should display on your lock screen, and then click ‘Done’. You now have a constantly-changing gallery of your best liked photos on your lock screen.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you modify the look of a photo that is set as your iOS 16 lock screen?
In iOS 16, you can alter how a photo that is set on your lock screen looks. You can pick your background from the automatically created options.
How many iOS 16 lock screens am I allowed to create?
The number of iOS Lock Screens that can be created is unlimited as the corporation has not set a limit. It is completely up to you, how it will seem.
The iOS 16 Lock Screen Widget: How Does It Operate?
You can add widgets to your iOS 16 Lock Screen by touching the Lock Screen and selecting the ‘customize’ option that appears.
How Does the iOS 16 Lock Screen Display a Full-Screen Music Player?
The most recent iOS 16 music lock screen comes with it as standard. To automatically display the extended music player on the Lock Screen, when you play a song from Apple Music, Spotify, or a podcast, you must update your iPhone to the most recent iOS 16. Simply tap the empty space at the bottom of the iOS 16 Music Lock Screen to minimize it!
This was your guide on how to set a photo as your lock screen wallpaper in iOS 16. You can choose any image from your photo library to serve as your lock screen background. The automatically created styles are another option. The option of photo shuffle is also available. With Photo Shuffle, you may explore your Photos library in a fresh, entertaining way and rediscover pictures you may have forgotten about.